Tomorrow, December 14th, officially begins "The 12 Days of Christmas" countdown. As always people are clamoring to keep Christ in Christmas and with that in mind I decided to write down "A New 12 Days of Christmas".
It is my hope and prayer that each Scripture will remind us, while simultaneously reinforcing, our reason for celebrating this season which is "Immanuel: God with us."
- December 14th - “For this I was born and for this I have come into the world, to bear witness to the truth” (John 18:37).
- December 16th - “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick; I came not to call the righteous, but sinners” (Mark 2:17).
- December 17th - “The Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost” (Luke 19:10).
- December 18th - “The Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many” (Mark 10:45).
- December 19th -“God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons” (Galatians 4:5)
- December 20th - “For God so loved the world that whoever believes on him shall not perish but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world but that the world through him might be saved” (John 3:16).
- December 21st - “God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him” (1 John 4:9).
- December 22nd - “I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly” (John 10:10).
- December 23rd - “Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising of many in Israel, and for a sign that is spoken against . . . that the thoughts of many may be revealed” (Luke 2:34ff).
- December 24th - “He has sent me to proclaim release to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed” (Luke 4:18).